金狮贵宾注册We have a responsibility to deliver value for our shareholders and we recognise that paying taxes arising from our activities is an important part of how our businesses contribute to the societies in which they operate.
Tax strategy and approach
Our tax strategy supports our group strategy and the way we do business. It is clear about what we will and will not do. Our tax strategy is regularly approved by our Audit Committee, with day-to-day responsibility for meeting the objectives of our tax strategy resting with our group’s Chief Financial Officer and Chief Tax Officer.
- Meet all legal requirements, making all appropriate tax returns and tax payments accurately and on time in the territories in which we operate
- Always consider the group’s reputation, brand and corporate and social responsibilities when considering tax
- Consider tax as part of every major business decision
- Not undertake transactions whose sole purpose is to create a tax benefit which is in excess of what is reasonably understood to be intended by relevant tax legislation, or which are outside of the group’s risk appetite, or are not in line with our Group Code of Ethics
- Work with HMRC and other relevant tax authorities co-operatively, collaboratively and on a real time basis
- Operate appropriate tax risk governance processes, including Board oversight
- Contribute to the development of UK and international tax policy and legislation where appropriate.
金狮贵宾注册We aim for our tax affairs to be sustainable, well-governed and transparent.
We have a responsibility to deliver value for our shareholders and we recognise that paying taxes arising from our activities is an important part of how our businesses contribute to the societies in which they operate.
For further information, please read our Tax strategy and approach